Statfjord Loadings Resume After Leak

Published

(Photo: Harald Pettersen / Equinor)
(Photo: Harald Pettersen / Equinor)

Equinor has resumed crude oil loadings from its Statfjord field in the North Sea following a spill last week, the Norwegian oil and gas company said on Monday.

Production from Statfjord remains unaffected, and the offloading of crude is now taking place from an alternative buoy on the field, it added.

The company was still investigating the source of the oil spill that was detected on the sea surface on May 15, prompting shutdown of loadings to a shuttle tanker, a spokesman said.


(Reporting by Nerijus Adomaitis, editing by Terje Solsvik)

Current News

BP Adds Three Exploration Blocks off Indonesia

BP Adds Three Exploration Bloc

Aquaterra’s RAF System for UK CCS Project Enters Fabrication Phase

Aquaterra’s RAF System for UK

Equinor Extends PSV Contract with Eidesvik Offshore

Equinor Extends PSV Contract w

Northern Lights CCS Fleet Grows with First Bernard Schulte's LCO2 Carrier

Northern Lights CCS Fleet Grow

Subscribe for OE Digital E‑News

 
Offshore Engineer Magazine