Join OEdigital on Facebook Join OEdigital on LinkedIn Join OEdigital on Twitter

Jadestone exits Bone PSC off Indonesia

By  OE Staff Tuesday, 23 May 2017 14:51

Jadestone Energy has withdrawn from the Bone production sharing contract (PSC) offshore Indonesia, with partner AziPac ready to take over.

Map of the Bone PSC, from Jadestone.

The Bone PSC is operated by Mitra Energy (Indonesia Bone) Ltd., a wholly owned subsidiary of the company, with 60% working interest. AziPac’s Azimuth Indonesia Ltd. holds the remaining 40%.

An agreement has been reached to transfer the 60% working interest and operatorship to Azimuth, subject to government approval.

“Today’s news marks the latest step in the growth of our portfolio and allows AziPac to drive the next key milestone in unlocking the potential of the Bone licence,” says Kosta Jovanovic, commercial director of Azimuth.“With multiple prospects defined and a range of commercialization options in place, AziPac is now poised to move into a low-cost drill out in 2018.”

AziPac says it is currently executing on an additional set of opportunities to significantly increase its activity and footprint in 2017 and 2018.

Jadestone says that the move is a further key step in releasing the company from non-strategic exploration assets.

“Our decision to withdraw from this PSC is in line with the company’s new strategic focus on increasing value through production and development rather than long dated, frontier exploration. This withdrawal is at no cost to the company as we continue to re-shape the portfolio,” says Jadestone Energy Executive Chairman Paul Blakeley. “The new management team’s efforts to achieve a balanced portfolio of production and development assets with additional growth from low risk exploration has already shown substantial results in our first nine months.”

Following the March closing of the acquisition of a 50% interest in the producing Ogan Komering PSC in Indonesia, Jadestone Energy is now aiming to complete the purchase of an interest in two appraised gas fields offshore Vietnam in the Nam Con Son basin and bring them onstream in late 2019. The company also plans to further develop its existing assets in Vietnam’s Malay Basin, the Nam Du and U Minh gas fields.

Read 9409 times
2018-09-21 04:54:23pm