Petrofac Wins Ithaca Contract

December 18, 2018

(Photo: Ithaca Energy)
(Photo: Ithaca Energy)

Services provider Petrofac said its Engineering and Production Services (EPS) business has secured a construction and commissioning contract with Ithaca Energy to prepare the FPF-1 floating production facility for the BP-operated Vorlich field in the Central North Sea.

Under the terms of the reimbursable contract, Petrofac will be responsible for the topsides construction and commissioning works on the Ithaca-operated FPF-1. The deal is valued in the region of $10 million, Petrofac said.

Vorlich, a two-well development approximately 241 kilometers east of Aberdeen, will be tied back to FPF-1 at the center of Greater Stella Area production hub. The field is expected to come onstream in 2020.

As Duty Holder of the FPF-1 asset, Petrofac will fully integrate its operations and construction teams in support of the construction work scope, which is due to commence in January 2019 and complete in 2020.

BP is operator and holds 66 percent interest in Vorlich, while Ithaca holds the other 34 percent.



Current News

Potential Norway Oil Strike Looms

Potential Norway Oil Strike Looms

Equinor Wraps Up Carcará Deal in Brazil

Equinor Wraps Up Carcará Deal in Brazil

BP Rig Arrives On Site Despite Protests

BP Rig Arrives On Site Despite Protests

Bourbon BoD to Analyze Restructuring Proposals

Bourbon BoD to Analyze Restructuring Proposals

Seaspace Race Underway at Saab Subsea Docking Demo

Seaspace Race Underway at Saab Subsea Docking Demo

Shell Sees More FLNG Opportunities

Shell Sees More FLNG Opportunities

PGS Calls off Debt Refinancing, Shares Fall

PGS Calls off Debt Refinancing, Shares Fall

Subscribe for OE Digital E‑News

OE Digital E-News is the subsea industry's largest circulation and most authoritative ENews Service, delivered to your Email three times per week