Lukoil and Eni Sign Agreement on Mexico Projects

November 6, 2018

Eni headquarters in Rome (Photo: Eni)
Eni headquarters in Rome (Photo: Eni)

Russian oil producer Lukoil has signed a farm-out agreement with Italy's Eni on blocks 10, 12 and 14 in the Mexico's shallow waters.

Lukoil will assign 40 percent in block 12 to Eni and retain the remaining 60 percent stake as operator of the project.

In turn, Eni will give 20 percent in blocks 10 and 14 to Lukoil, and remain the operator of both projects.

The new joint ventures will be as follows:

  • block 10 - Eni 80 percent (operator), Lukoil 20 percent
  • block 12 - Lukoil 60 percent (operator), Eni 40 percent
  • block 14 - Eni 40 percent (operator), Citla 40 percent and Lukoil 20 percent

The deal is subject to the approval by the National Hydrocarbons Commission of Mexico.

Blocks 10, 12 and 14 are located in the Sureste Basin in the shallow waters of the Gulf of Mexico. Lukoil and Eni were awarded the licenses for the blocks in 2017 in the result of the licensing Round 2.1.

In March 2018, Lukoil and Eni were awarded rights to Block 28 in the Sureste Basin as the outcome of the licensing Round 3.1. Lukoil received a 25 percent stake, whereas Eni was awarded 75 percent and became the operator of the project.

Current News

Decommissioning in Brazil: The New Frontier

Decommissioning in Brazil: The New Frontier

Norway's Northernmost Oil Find Could Start Production in 2026

Norway's Northernmost Oil Find Could Start Production in 2026

Woodside Awards Scarborough FEED Contracts

Woodside Awards Scarborough FEED Contracts

Subsea 7 Acquires Sealion Vessel

Subsea 7 Acquires Sealion Vessel

Petrobras 2018 Production Shy of Target

Petrobras 2018 Production Shy of Target

Tullow to Boost 2019 Output

Tullow to Boost 2019 Output

Statfjord A Platform Back in Action

Statfjord A Platform Back in Action

Subscribe for OE Digital E‑News

OE Digital E-News is the subsea industry's largest circulation and most authoritative ENews Service, delivered to your Email three times per week