Lundin spuds Luno II South

November 11, 2013

Lundin Norway AS (Lundin Norway) has started drilling appraisal well 16/5-5 in production license 410.

The well will target the Luno II South structure, 9km southeast of the Luno II discovery well 16/4-6S in PL359, in the Norwegian sector of the North Sea. 

Image: The Bredford Dolphin drilling rig.

Luno II discovery is about 15km south of Edvard Grieg field.

The main objective of well 16/5-5 is to prove the extension of the Luno II discovery into PL410. The reservoir is expected to be of Jurassic/Triassic age.

Lundin Petroleum, parent company of Lundin Norway, estimates the Luno II discovery to contain 25-120MM boe gross contingent resources.  

The northern part of the Luno II South structure is located in PL359.

The well will be drilled using the semisubmersible drilling rig Bredford Dolphin and is expected to take about 40 days.

Lundin Norway is the operator with 70% interest with partner Statoil Petroleum AS holding the remaining 30%.



Current News

James Fisher Launches Decommissioning Business Line JF Decom

James Fisher Launches Decommissioning Business Line JF Decom

Chevron Kicks Off Oil Industry's Q4 Results With a Miss

Chevron Kicks Off Oil Industry's Q4 Results With a Miss

Vantage Drilling to Manage Another Aquadrill Offshore Drilling Rig

Vantage Drilling to Manage Another Aquadrill Offshore Drilling Rig

Oil Workers Race to Protect Beaches from Spill Offshore Thailand

Oil Workers Race to Protect Beaches from Spill Offshore Thailand

Subscribe for OE Digital E‑News

Offshore Engineer Magazine