KrisEnergy has spud the East Mayura-1 exploration well in the G10/48 contract area in the Gulf of Thailand, the operator announced on 20 October.
The East Mayura-1 well, offshore Thailand, is being drilled by the PV DRILLING I jack-up rig. It is the first well in a potential eight-well program, including five firm wells plus one optional well in the existing Wassana oil field in G10/48 and one optional exploration well in the Wassana satellite development area north of the Wassana production area, KrisEnergy said. The campaign is expected to take approximately 125 days, including the optional wells.
KrisEnergy operates G10/48 and holds 89% working interest. Palang Sophon holds the remaining 11%. The PV DRILLING I rig is owned and operated by Petrovietnam Drilling & Well Service Corp.
The G10/48 contract area covers 1677sq km over the Southern Pattani Basin in water depths of up to 60m. In addition to the Wassana oil field, which came on stream in August 2015, the concession contains the Niramai, Mayura and Rayrai oil discoveries.
Map from KrisEnergy.