Borr bags BW Gabon campaign

September 13, 2017

Borr Drilling accepted a letter of intent from BW Energy Dussafu (BWE), a subsidiary of BW Offshore, for a drilling campaign offshore Gabon.

Borr’s premium, high-specification jackup Norve will be utilized to drill and complete two subsea development wells.  The program has an estimated duration of 140-160 days and is scheduled to start in January 2018.

The Norve, a BMC Pacific class 400 jackup constructed at PPL Shipyard in Singapore, was acquired by Borr in May 2017.  This modern unit can operate in water depths up to 400ft and has offline capabilities. The Norve is expected to mobilize from Limbe, Cameroon in December 2017 to its first drilling location offshore Gabon.

“Borr has secured its second commitment in as many months, under challenging market conditions.  We look forward to finalizing this contract and working with BWE to deliver excellent operational performance and high-quality wells,”says Simon Johnson, Borr CEO.

In July, BW Offshore and Panoro Energy agreed on a final investment decision (FID) for the Dussafu project, with first oil set for next year. 

Dussafu is operated by BW Energy Gabon, a joint venture between BW Offshore (66.67%) and BW Group wholly owned subsidiary Maple Co. Ltd. (33.33%), with 91.67%. Panoro holds the remaining 8.33%. 

Read more:

Dussafu reaches FID off Gabon

BW completes Dussafu deal

BW Offshore buys into Gabon PSC



Current News

SBM Acquires Constellation's Stakes in 5 FPSOs

SBM Acquires Constellation's Stakes in 5 FPSOs

Court Reviewing Bourbon Takeover Bids

Court Reviewing Bourbon Takeover Bids

Polarcus Scores Seismic Job in Malaysia

Polarcus Scores Seismic Job in Malaysia

Siccar Point Attracts Bids of up to $2 Bln

Siccar Point Attracts Bids of up to $2 Bln

ABB Showcases World-first Subsea Power System

ABB Showcases World-first Subsea Power System

IKM Testing Wins Work for Johan Sverdrup 2

IKM Testing Wins Work for Johan Sverdrup 2

Neptune: 'Remote' Possibility of 2020 IPO

Neptune: 'Remote' Possibility of 2020 IPO

Magazine

Offshore Engineer (Sep/Oct 2019)

This issue of Offshore Engineer is dedicated to Big Data and Digitalization

Archive
Subscribe

Subscribe for OE Digital E‑News

OE Digital E-News is the subsea industry's largest circulation and most authoritative ENews Service, delivered to your Email three times per week