ConocoPhillips Takes Over Operatorship of Malaysian Oil and Gas Cluster

Monday, January 27, 2025

ConocoPhillips Sabah Gas, a subsidiary of the global energy company ConocoPhillips, has taken over the operatorship of Kebabangan Cluster Production Sharing Contract (KBBC PSC) in Malaysia.

The transfer took effect on 21 January 2025, making ConocoPhillips Sabah Gas A the sole operator of the KBBC PSC.

Previously, the KBBC PSC was operated by Kebabangan Petroleum Operating Company (KPOC), a joint operating company comprising Petronas Carigali, Shell Energy Asia, and ConocoPhillips Sabah Gas.

With an export capacity up to 750 million standard cubic feet of gas per day (MMscfd), the continuation of the KBBC PSC until the end of 2050 and other commercial agreements have been structured to ensure future gas field developments remain economically attractive in supporting Sabah's energy security requirements.

"Sabah is rapidly emerging as a preferred destination for oil and gas investments, thanks to the strategic developments and partnerships championed by Petronas and its industry collaborators.

“These initiatives underscore the vast potential of Sabah’s resources and reinforce our commitment to driving economic growth and creating opportunities for our people. We look forward to further collaboration with PETRONAS in the best interest of Sabah,” said Datuk Seri Panglima Haji Hajiji said.

Categories: Industry News Activity Asia Oil and Gas

Related Stories

MISC Secures Long-Term Charter for Papua New Guinea's First FSO

Malaysia Offers Nine Exploration Blocks in 2026 Bid Round

Malaysia Oil and Gas Projects Advance with Petronas' PSC and Farm-Out Deals

Current News

Ndungu Full-Field Starts Up Offshore Angola

Norway's 2025 Oil Output Climbs to Highest Level Since 2009

AKOFS Offshore Inks New Vessel Deal with Petrobras

UK Trade Body Challenges Government View on North Sea Gas Decline

Subscribe for OE Digital E‑News