CNOOC Starts Production from Penglai Oilfield Project

Friday, May 22, 2020

China's CNOOC said Thursday that Penglai 19-3 oilfield area 4 adjustment/Penglai 19-9 oilfield phase II project had started production.

The Penglai 19-3/19-9 oilfields are located in Bohai Bay with an average water depth of approximately 28 meters. 

A new wellhead platform has been built, with 47 wells planned in total, including 30 production wells, 16 water injection wells, and 1 development and appraisal well. 

"This new wellhead platform will fully utilize the existing processing facilities of Penglai 19-3 oilfield. The project is expected to reach its peak production of approximately 15,681 barrels of crude oil per day in 2022," CNOOC said.

CNOOC holds 51% working interest in Penglai 19-3 oilfield area 4 adjustment/Penglai 19-9 oilfield phase II project and acts as the operator. ConocoPhillips China, CNOOC Limited's partner, holds the remaining 49% working interest.

Categories: Energy Activity Production China Bohai Bay

Related Stories

Oil & Gas to Drive Unprecedented Growth in Senegal, President Says

Norway: Oil Workers Strike Could Shut Large Offshore Field

Guyana: ExxonMobil Sanctions $9B Payara Offshore Development

Current News

SBM Offshore Confirms Payara FPSO Award

Corvus to Supply Batteries for Taiwan-bound Offshore Wind Vessel

Gallery: Deme's First Service Operation Vessel Launched in Turkey

Norway: More Offshore Workers to Go on Strike from Oct. 4

Subscribe for OE Digital E‑News