Statfjord Loadings Resume After Leak

Monday, May 20, 2019

Equinor has resumed crude oil loadings from its Statfjord field in the North Sea following a spill last week, the Norwegian oil and gas company said on Monday.

Production from Statfjord remains unaffected, and the offloading of crude is now taking place from an alternative buoy on the field, it added.

The company was still investigating the source of the oil spill that was detected on the sea surface on May 15, prompting shutdown of loadings to a shuttle tanker, a spokesman said.


(Reporting by Nerijus Adomaitis, editing by Terje Solsvik)

Categories: Tankers Environmental Energy Activity Europe Production Safety & Security

Related Stories

Türkiye Targets First Offshore Wind Tender as 2026 Set to Be 'Year of Wind'

EnergyPathways, ABP Partner on Energy Storage Project at Port of Barrow

Equinor's Gullfaks Field Reaches 5,000 Oil Cargo Milestone in North Sea

Current News

BP Adds Three Exploration Blocks off Indonesia

Aquaterra’s RAF System for UK CCS Project Enters Fabrication Phase

Equinor Extends PSV Contract with Eidesvik Offshore

Northern Lights CCS Fleet Grows with First Bernard Schulte's LCO2 Carrier

Subscribe for OE Digital E‑News