SubseaPartner Wins Work at Goliat

Monday, April 15, 2019

Norwegian services company SubseaPartner said it has secured a contract from Vår Energi, to provide dive support at its operated Goliat field in the Barents Sea.

The engineering and installation project work scope incorporates a 24 hours air diving operation on the Goliat floating production, storage and offloading unit (FPSO) fairleads.

Project management and engineering work has already commenced from SubseaPartner headquarters in Haugesund, the company said. Offshore activities are scheduled to take place during the summer of 2019.

The light diving craft LDC Venturer has been selected for the operation. The special purpose vessel is one out of two crafts utilized for field support and second newbuild in SubseaPartner fleet.

Ole Morten Skagland, chief commercial officer, said, "For many years SubseaPartner has worked toward a market position as an international diving contractor under the Norwegian regulatory for manned underwater operations."

"This contract award by Vår Energi puts us to be a new player offshore, ranging through the water column from surface to seabed," he said.

The Goliat field, discovered in 2000, is located in PL 229 in the northernmost area on the Norwegian continental shelf (NCS).

The field is developed with a fully winterized floating production unit including subsea systems, and production start-up took place in March 2016.

Vår Energi is operator with 65% ownership interests. Its partner Equinor holds the remaining 35% stake.

Categories: Engineering Industry News Activity FPSO Arctic Europe Floating Production Inspection & Repair & Maintenance

Related Stories

Eni Won't Drill Off Cyprus if Warships Sent In

An Unusual Abandonment

Bourbon Rhode Search Continues

LLOG Orders 20k Trees for Shenandoah

Woodside Makes FID for Pyxis Hub Project

Brazil's New Dawn

MODEC, Yinson Win FPSO Charters from Petrobras

S. Africa Legislation Could Spur Offshore Investment

Record US GoM Production Expected to Continue

Eni CEO: No Future for Firms Working in Just O&G

Current News

Schlumberger Profit Beats Estimates

Petrobras Posts Another Major Production Boost

Eni CEO: No Future for Firms Working in Just O&G

TechnipFMC Wins EPCI Contract from Woodside

Partners Plan Floating Wind Farm in South Korea

Maersk Drilling Scores POSCO Contract

Woodside Makes FID for Pyxis Hub Project

Online Tool Helps Assess Drilling Safety

Transocean Bags $75Mln New Contracts

Naval Energies, SIDS DOCK to Support OTEC

Magazine

Offshore Engineer (Sep/Oct 2019)

This issue of Offshore Engineer is dedicated to Big Data and Digitalization

Archive
Subscribe

Subscribe for OE Digital E‑News

OE Digital E-News is the subsea industry's largest circulation and most authoritative ENews Service, delivered to your Email three times per week