Papa-Terra FPSO starts up

OE Staff
Thursday, November 14, 2013

Chevron Corporation's Brazilian subsidiary and Petrobras have started crude oil production from Papa-Terra’s floating production, storage and offloading vessel (FPSO) offshore Brazil.

Chevron holds a 37.5% interest in the Papa-Terra field, with Petrobras, the project operator, has the remaining 62.5%.

Papa-Terra is about 110km southeast of Rio de Janeiro in about 3900ft water depth (1,190m), and is a heavy oil development within Block BC-20 of the southern Campos basin.

Discovered in 2003, the Papa-Terra field development features an FPSO and the first tension leg wellhead platform in Brazil, which is expected to start production in 2014.

Papa-Terra has installed capacity to produce 140,000 bbl/d.

Categories: Floating Production Construction Deepwater

Related Stories

Fred. Olsen: A BOLT from the Blue

Aasta Hansteen Output Can Exceed Max Capacity

Three Bills Threaten US Offshore Drilling

New Age Sells Stake in Marine XII

Exxon Discussing Norway Asses Sale with Var Energi

A 'NOC' on Wind?

Subsea 7 CEO Will Retire at Year End

ClampOn: Ultrasonic Intelligent Sensors

OFS Sector Expected to Take a Hit

Danos: Technology Will Reinvigorate Business

Current News

VAALCO Spuds Etame Appraisal

Woodside Backs Seismic Data Acquisition Company

ClampOn: Ultrasonic Intelligent Sensors

Remote Technologies Augment Capabilities

VOS Stone Supports SGRE at Hohe See

SeaTec Forays into Offshore Installation

SGRE Builds World's Largest Wind Turbine Blade

Ireland Calls for More Offshore Wind

Ukraine Strips US Firm of Black Sea Exploration Rights

Pharis Mulls Steam Flooding at Pilot Field

Subscribe for OE Digital E‑News

OE Digital E-News is the subsea industry's largest circulation and most authoritative ENews Service, delivered to your Email three times per week