Aibel grabs Goliat contract

OE Staff
Monday, November 3, 2014

Eni Norge has awarded Aibel a contract for the hook-up and commissioning of its Goliat field.

The contract includes preparations prior to towing the FPSO offshore, miscellaneous offshore hook-up activities, and assistance during final commissioning and start-up of the Goliat field.

Goliat is the first oil field to come on stream in the Barents Sea. The Goliat FPSO has been built by the Hyundai yard in South Korea and mechanical completion and commission activities are presently on-going. It will be the first platform of its kind on the Norwegian Continental Shelf and is especially designed for the conditions in the Barents Sea. The Goliat FPSO will be installed at the Goliat field, 85km northwest of Hammerfest.

Eni Norge operates the Goliat field with a 65% share. Partner Statoil holds the remaining 35%.

Categories: Italy FPSO Europe Oil Towage

Related Stories

Investment Firm Kistos Acquires Mime Petroleum, Gains Access to Norway's Offshore Oil Fields

Irish Minister's Decision Sparks Disappointment and Potential Legal Action in Barryroe Offshore Oil Project

Equinor Awards TechnipFMC a Significant Contract for Riserless Light Well Intervention Services

Current News

Allseas Wins Deal to Transport Two 2GW Converter Platforms to German North Sea

Floating Offshore Wind: EDP Group Transfers Stake in Principle Power to Ocean Winds

Venezuela, Trinidad to Continue Talks on Joint Development of Dragon Offshore Gas Field

Chinese Ships Ignore Vietnam Demand to Leave Area Close to Russian-run Offshore Gas Fields

Subscribe for OE Digital E‑News