PGNiG to Drill Shrek Wildcat

August 16, 2019

Deepsea Nordkapp (Photo: Odfjell Drilling)
Deepsea Nordkapp (Photo: Odfjell Drilling)

The Norwegian subsidiary of Polish state-controlled energy company PGNiG has received a permit to drill a wildcat well in the Shrek prospect, the Norwegian Petroleum Directorate (NPD) announced on Friday.

Well 6507/5-9 S will be the first drilled in production licence 838 in the Norwegian Sea, as well as the first drilled by PGNiG Upstream Norway as operator.

The Odfjell Drilling rig Deepsea Nordkapp will drill the Shrek wildcat after it completes the development wells on Skogul in production licence 460 on behalf of operator Aker BP (65% interest). PGNiG holds the remaining 35% stake in the Skogul field.

The 6507/5-9 S well will be drilled about 4.5 kilometers southeast of the Skarv field. The area in this licence consists of part of block 6507/6 and part of block 6507/5. 

PGNiG is the operator of production licence 838 with an ownership interest of 40%. The other licensees are Aker BP (30%) and Wintershall DEA (30%). The licence was awarded in February 2016 in APA 2015.

(Image: Aker BP)

Categories: Drilling Activity Europe


Current News

Australia Reviewing Equinor Environmental Plan

Australia Reviewing Equinor Environmental Plan

Equinor, SSE Win Contract for Largest Offshore Wind Project

Equinor, SSE Win Contract for Largest Offshore Wind Project

Liberator Pilot Well Plugged and Abandoned

Liberator Pilot Well Plugged and Abandoned

Petrofac Sells Mexico Assets to Perenco

Petrofac Sells Mexico Assets to Perenco

Petronas Q2 Profit Rises 8%

Petronas Q2 Profit Rises 8%

Allseas Scores Gyda Platform Removal Job

Allseas Scores Gyda Platform Removal Job

Monitoring, and Addressing, Crude Quality in Real-time

Monitoring, and Addressing, Crude Quality in Real-time

Subscribe for OE Digital E‑News

OE Digital E-News is the subsea industry's largest circulation and most authoritative ENews Service, delivered to your Email three times per week