Equinor Gets Drilling Permit

April 16, 2019

Image: Transocean
Image: Transocean

The Norwegian Petroleum Directorate (NPD) has granted the Norwegian energy giant Equinor a drilling permit for offshore wells 6507/3-13 and 6507/3-13 A in the Norwegian Sea.

Wells 6507/3-13 and 6507/3-13 A will be drilled from the Transocean Spitsbergen, which is a semi-submersible drilling facility of the Aker H-6e type, owned and operated by Transocean Offshore.

The drilling program covers drilling of wildcat well 6507/3-13 and appraisal well 6507/3-13 A in production licence 159 B. Equinor is the operator with an ownership interest of 85%. The other licensee is INEOS with 15%.

The area in this licence consists of part of block 6507/3. The wells will be drilled about 4 kilometers northwest of the Alve field. Production licence 159 B was awarded on August 13, 2004 in licensing round 12-B on the Norwegian shelf. This is the fifth exploration well to be drilled in the licence.

The permit is contingent on the operator securing all other permits and consents required by other authorities prior to commencing the drilling activity.

(Image: NPD)

Categories: Drilling Regulation Europe


Current News

Two Groups Bid in Israel's Offshore Tender

Two Groups Bid in Israel's Offshore Tender

Expro to Supply IRS Offshore Mauritania

Expro to Supply IRS Offshore Mauritania

New Platform Loaded Out for Vladimir Filanovsky

New Platform Loaded Out for Vladimir Filanovsky

PGNiG Buys Into Duva Field

PGNiG Buys Into Duva Field

MacGregor Cleared to Buy TTS Unit

MacGregor Cleared to Buy TTS Unit

German North Sea Wind Power Output Rising

German North Sea Wind Power Output Rising

Inpex Wins Offshore Australia Block

Inpex Wins Offshore Australia Block

Subscribe for OE Digital E‑News

OE Digital E-News is the subsea industry's largest circulation and most authoritative ENews Service, delivered to your Email three times per week