Turbines News


SeaTwirl Gets EU Patent

Jan 20, 2020

Swedish wind power company SeaTwirl has secured a patent from the European Patent Office (EPO) for its divisible offshore wind turbine.SeaTwirl has already been granted the same patent in Sweden, USA and China. SeaTwirl is a vertical floating…

Fos4X Monitors Veja Mate OWF

Jan 14, 2020

German wind turbine builder is carrying out a condition monitoring campaign at the 402MW Veja Mate offshore wind farm in the German North Sea.The rotor blade condition monitoring system or fos4X “retroX” system, consisting of a sensor platform and intelligent software…

Vattenfall, Swire Pact for HKZ Installation

Jan 14, 2020

Swedish developer Vattenfall has contracted Swire Blue Ocean (SBO)  for the installation of the Siemens Gamesa wind turbines at the Hollandse Kust Zuid wind farms in the Dutch North Sea.Using its flagship Pacific Osprey wind farm installation vessel…

TMA Logistics Wins SGRE Work

Jan 13, 2020

Dutch outfit TMA Logistics has been commissioned by Siemens Gamesa Renewables Energy (SGRE) to provide the transhipment and transhipment of wind turbines for Windpark Fryslân.Wind farm Fryslan comprises 89 wind turbines that will be realised in the Frisian part of the IJsselmeer…

Prysmian to Wire Chinese Offshore Wind Turbine

Jan 09, 2020

Italian multinational manufacturer of cables Prysmian Group has been awarded a contract by Dongfang Electric Corporation (DEC) for the supply of cables for DEC’s newest 10 MW offshore wind turbine prototype.The contract includes the supply of…

Triton Knoll Begins Offshore Construction

Jan 09, 2020

Triton Knoll Wind Farm is all set to begin installation of the first offshore components at the windfarm in the innogy fleet. New Grimsby team will manage all offshore construction activity.Julian Garnsey, project director for Triton Knoll and innogy…

Vestas Wins Intertidal Project in Vietnam

Jan 03, 2020

Danish wind turbines manufacturer  Vestas Wind Systems secured a 50 MW order with Cong ty Co Phan Dau Tu Dien Gio Hoa Binh 1 (Hoa Binh 1 Company), a company owned by Phuong Anh Group. The order marks Vestas' third intertidal project in the country with three different customers announced this month…

Sif Holding Sign Pact with Saint- Nazaire OWF

Dec 30, 2019

French civil engineering construction company Eiffage Métal SAS awarded Sif Holding n.v. the order for the delivery of 80 monopiles and the primary steel for 80 transition pieces (77 KTon steel) for the 480 MW Saint- Nazaire offshore wind farm (OWF) in France…

Sif Holding Eyes Japan Project

Dec 30, 2019

Sif Holding, the manufacturer of large steel tubulars, has entered into exclusive negotiations for the delivery of 33 monopiles and 33 Transition pieces (25 KTon steel) for an offshore wind project in Japan.The current state of negotiations has led to a pre- order of the steel for the project…

MHI Vestas Installs 1st Turbine at Northwester 2

Dec 18, 2019

MHI Vestas Offshore Wind (MVOW) announced that the first turbine has been installed at Northwester 2 in Belgium, the world’s first offshore wind park to feature the record-breaking V164-9.5 MW turbine.The 219 MW project, Northwester 2, is the…

TRIG, APG Buy Merkur

Dec 10, 2019

Dutch pension investor APG and UK-based The Renewables Infrastructure Group (TRIG) have agreed to acquire the Merkur offshore windfarm.TRIG will acquire a stake of around 36% in the 396-MW Merkur farm in the German North Sea, while APG has agreed to buy the remaining 64%…

SGRE's 1,000th Offshore Wind Turbine Up

Dec 05, 2019

Spanish-based manufacturer of wind turbines Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy (SGRE) has reached a milestone with the installation of its 1000th offshore direct drive wind turbine as it embarks on the 10MW-plus era.The company reached the milestone…

GWS Wins Northwester 2 Turbine Contract

Dec 05, 2019

Danish wind turbine installation and service company Global Wind Service (GWS) has secured a contract to support MHI Vestas on the Northwester 2 offshore wind project by providing technicians for the installation of turbines.The deal includes…

Most Powerful Offshore Wind Turbine Erected

Dec 02, 2019

Swiss multinational equipment manufacturer Liebherr Group said that its cranes erected the prototype of what is currently the most powerful offshore wind turbine in the world in the Dutch port of Rotterdam.The gondola of the wind turbine, which measures an overall 207 meters in height…

Current News

Pacific Radiance Eyeing New Loan Source

PGNiG Open to Mergers with State-run Firms

GlobalData: Gas to Dominate 2020 O&G FIDs

EDPR, Engie Team Up to Build Offshore Wind Giant

Subscribe for OE Digital E‑News