Winthershall Dea Secures Drilling Permit Offshore Norway

Wednesday, April 3, 2024

The Norwegian Offshore Directorate has granted Wintershall Dea Norge a permit for a drilling operation in the North Sea that will be conducted using Transocean Norge rig.

The permit is for a wildcat well 35/11-27 S in production license 248.

Wintershall Dea is the operator of the license with 60%, while its partner Petoro holds the remaining 40%.

The drilling operation will be done using Transocean’s Transocean Norge semi-submersible drilling rig.

The Transocean Norge is a Moss Maritime CS60 / 6th Generation design rig, built at Jurong Shipyard Pte in 2015 and upgraded in 2018.

Categories: Drilling North Sea Industry News Activity Europe Oil and Gas

Related Stories

EnBW Kicks Off Construction on Germany’s Largest North Sea Offshore Wind Farm

Kent Gets FEED Contract for Hejre Project in the North Sea

Equinor and Petoro Make Asset Swap Deal for Several Fields Offshore Norway

Current News

Women in Maritime Day: Shaping the Future of Maritime Safety

New Dutch Coalition Aims for More Offshore Gas Extraction

Iberdrola to Triple Offshore Wind Assets

ABS Wavesight eLog Books for Offshore Drilling

Subscribe for OE Digital E‑News