US Energy Secretary Perry to Step Down

Tuesday, October 22, 2019

U.S. Energy Secretary Rick Perry, who told President Donald Trump last week he would resign late in the year, intends to step down on December 1, the energy department said on Monday.

"While Secretary Perry continues to serve at the pleasure of the President, it is his intent to depart DOE December 1," an energy department official said in an email.

In recent weeks Perry has found himself engulfed in the impeachment probe threatening Trump's presidency over his work in Ukraine. A department official said last week in a letter to lawmakers that Perry would not provide documents they had subpoenaed in the impeachment probe of Trump.


(Reporting by Timothy Gardner; Editing by Tom Brown)

Categories: People North America Regulations

Related Stories

Inpex' Ichthys LNG Facility Workers in Australia Set for End of May Strike

Global Businesses Face Mounting $25 Billion Fallout From Iran War

NOPSEMA Safety Bulletin Highlights Risks in Offshore Lifting

Current News

NextEra CEO Positive About Dominion Offshore Wind Project

Eco Atlantic Advances Falklands Offshore Expansion with JHI Deal

Ulstein Delivers Cable Layer Newbuild to Nexans

ADES Extends North Sea Rig Contract to Three-Year Term

Subscribe for OE Digital E‑News