Chevron, Anadarko Launch Integration Planning

Friday, April 26, 2019

Chevron Corp on Friday pushed back at the potential for a rival to break up its $33 billion deal for Anadarko Petroleum Corp, saying the two companies had already begun meetings on a merger plan.

Occidental Petroleum last Thursday sought to scuttle the proposed deal, submitting a higher, $38 billion cash-and-stock offer for Anadarko. Anadarko's board said on Thursday it would evaluate the new proposal.

"I'll just remind everyone that we've got a signed deal that has been approved by both boards and we've moving forward with integration planning," said Chevron Chief Executive Michael Wirth on a conference call with analysts. He said a "sizeable" group of employees had already met.

Wirth declined to say whether Chevron would raise its offer in light of Occidental's higher bid. Chevron has the ability revise the structure of its 75 percent stock, 25 percent cash bid, Chevron finance chief Pierre Breber said on the same call. "We could put more cash in if that's what Anadarko wanted to do," he said.


(Reporting by Gary McWilliams Editing by James Dalgleish)

Categories: Mergers & Acquisitions Industry News Activity North America

Related Stories

Eco Wave Power to Explore AI-Driven Wave Energy Optimization

Glenfarne, ConocoPhillips Ink Alaska LNG Gas Supply Deal

Inpex Expands Australia Gas Portfolio with Browse Minority Stake Deal

Current News

Inpex Signs Abadi LNG Gas Supply Deal With Indonesian State Firms

Aker BP Cleared to Drill Wildcat Well in North Sea

QatarEnergy Enters Uruguay with Shell Deal for Three Offshore Blocks

Woodside Weighs Matching Inpex Bid for PetroChina’s Browse Stake

Subscribe for OE Digital E‑News