Total Oil Workers in N. Sea Accept Pay Offer, Cancel Future Strikes

Posted by Michelle Howard
Wednesday, September 26, 2018

* The UK's largest union Unite the Union said that offshore oil workers at three of Total's North Sea platforms had accepted a pay offer from the company

* The workers have called off future strikes, a union statement said

* The workers went on a series of 12 and 24-hour strikes in July and August, stopping production at the Alwyn, Dunbar and Elgin platforms

* At issue was a rota shift change to three weeks on the platform versus two weeks previously

* The workers accepted a mean basic headline pay increase of 15 pct plus substantial retention bonuses as compensation for the change

* Total wanted to increase the working time offshore to match the routine at the oilfields it acquired when it bought Maersk Oil

Reporting By Julia Payne


Categories: Offshore Energy

Related Stories

MFE Becomes U.S. Distributor for IVM’s HYDRO Photogrammetry Systems

The Gulf of America Remains the World's Offshore Innovation Laboratory

MOBY Robotics: A New Playbook for Subsea Mineral Recovery

Current News

Norway Approves Request to Delay Offshore Wind Farm License Application

TenneT Completes Drilling, Installation of Protective Conduits for Wind Farms

Alexandre de Gusmão FPSO Reaches Peak Production

Transocean Awarded $300 Million Contract for Ultra-Deepwater Drillship

Subscribe for OE Digital E‑News