Allseas Suspends Nord Stream 2 Work

Published

(File photo: Allseas)
(File photo: Allseas)

Swiss-Dutch company Allseas said last week it had suspended its pipe-laying activities in the Nord Stream 2 Russia-to-Germany natural gas pipeline in anticipation of U.S. President Donald Trump's signing of a defense policy bill.

"In anticipation of the enactment of the National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA), Allseas has suspended its Nord Stream 2 pipelay activities," the company said in a statement dated Dec. 21.

"Allseas will proceed, consistent with the legislation's wind down provision and expect guidance comprising of the necessary regulatory, technical and environmental clarifications from the relevant US authority." 


(Reporting by Timothy Gardner; Writing by Mohammad Zargham; Editing by Sandra Maler)

Current News

Norway Approves Request to Delay Offshore Wind Farm License Application

Norway Approves Request to Del

TenneT Completes Drilling, Installation of Protective Conduits for Wind Farms

TenneT Completes Drilling, Ins

Alexandre de Gusmão FPSO Reaches Peak Production

Alexandre de Gusmão FPSO Reach

Transocean Awarded $300 Million Contract for Ultra-Deepwater Drillship

Transocean Awarded $300 Millio

Subscribe for OE Digital E‑News

 
Offshore Engineer Magazine