Fourth Bourbon Rhode Crew Member Confirmed Dead

Published

Offshore tug supply vessel Bourbon Rhose sank in the Atlantic Ocean, some 60 nautical miles from the eye of the category 4 hurricane Lorenzo, on Thursday. (File photo: Bourbon)
Offshore tug supply vessel Bourbon Rhose sank in the Atlantic Ocean, some 60 nautical miles from the eye of the category 4 hurricane Lorenzo, on Thursday. (File photo: Bourbon)

Bourbon confirmed on Wednesday that the body of a fourth crew member has been recovered following the sinking of its vessel Bourbon Rhode last week. Only three of the 14 Bourbon Rhode crew members have been rescued as the search continues for seven mariners still missing.

The body of the fourth mariner was discovered on Tuesday and transferred on the French Navy frigate Ventôse, Bourbon said. The bodies of three other seafarers were recovered at sea on Monday.

Offshore tug supply vessel Bourbon Rhose sank in the Atlantic Ocean, some 60 nautical miles from the eye of the category 4 hurricane Lorenzo, on Thursday.

On Saturday, three surviving crew members in a lifeboat were spotted by a French search plane and picked up by a nearby commercial vessel.

Several vessels and aircraft continue to scour search zones, Bourbon said in an update today.

An extensive search operation over the past seven days has included the CROSS French West Indies-Guyana (Regional Operational Center for Surveillance and Rescue) and the French Navy, with support of the American authorities.

Current News

Ndungu Full-Field Starts Up Offshore Angola

Ndungu Full-Field Starts Up Of

Norway's 2025 Oil Output Climbs to Highest Level Since 2009

Norway's 2025 Oil Output Climb

AKOFS Offshore Inks New Vessel Deal with Petrobras

AKOFS Offshore Inks New Vessel

UK Trade Body Challenges Government View on North Sea Gas Decline

UK Trade Body Challenges Gover

Subscribe for OE Digital E‑News

 
Offshore Engineer Magazine