Petrobras: Binding Phase Starts for Papa-Terra Field Sale

April 20, 2020

Papa-Terra field - Image credit: Petrobras
Papa-Terra field - Image credit: Petrobras

Brazilian oil company Petrobras has started the binding phase for the sale of its share in the Papa-Terra field located in the deepwater area in the Campos Basin, offshore Brazil.

The binding phase starts following a teaser for the sale Petrobras had announced back in February. The company has said that the sale is in line with its portfolio optimization and improvement of capital allocation.

"Qualified parties for this phase will receive a process letter with instructions on the divestment process, including guidelines for due diligence and submission of binding proposals," Petrobras said Friday.

The Papa-terra field is part of the BC-20 concession and is located at a water depth of 1,200 meters. The field started its operation in 2013 and its average oil and gas production in 2019 was 17,300 boe/day, through two platforms, P-61 type TLWP (Tension Leg Wellhead Platform) and P-63 type FPSO where the entire production is processed.

Petrobras is the operator of the field, with 62.5% stake, in partnership with Chevron, which holds the remaining 37.5 percent



Current News

Offshore Wind Vessels Get 'Vessel of National Interest' Designation by U.S. MARAD

Offshore Wind Vessels Get 'Vessel of National Interest' Designation by U.S. MARAD

Black Sea Gas Platform Launched Offshore Romania Despite War Risks

Black Sea Gas Platform Launched Offshore Romania Despite War Risks

Express Engineering in 5-year MWD, LWD Supply Deal

Express Engineering in 5-year MWD, LWD Supply Deal

SBM Offshore's Treasurer and IR Head Joins Jadestone Energy as New CFO

SBM Offshore's Treasurer and IR Head Joins Jadestone Energy as New CFO

Subscribe for OE Digital E‑News

Offshore Engineer Magazine