US Energy Secretary Perry to Step Down

Published

Rick Perry (Photo: U.S. Dept. of Energy)
Rick Perry (Photo: U.S. Dept. of Energy)

U.S. Energy Secretary Rick Perry, who told President Donald Trump last week he would resign late in the year, intends to step down on December 1, the energy department said on Monday.

"While Secretary Perry continues to serve at the pleasure of the President, it is his intent to depart DOE December 1," an energy department official said in an email.

In recent weeks Perry has found himself engulfed in the impeachment probe threatening Trump's presidency over his work in Ukraine. A department official said last week in a letter to lawmakers that Perry would not provide documents they had subpoenaed in the impeachment probe of Trump.


(Reporting by Timothy Gardner; Editing by Tom Brown)

Current News

Ndungu Full-Field Starts Up Offshore Angola

Ndungu Full-Field Starts Up Of

Norway's 2025 Oil Output Climbs to Highest Level Since 2009

Norway's 2025 Oil Output Climb

AKOFS Offshore Inks New Vessel Deal with Petrobras

AKOFS Offshore Inks New Vessel

UK Trade Body Challenges Government View on North Sea Gas Decline

UK Trade Body Challenges Gover

Subscribe for OE Digital E‑News

 
Offshore Engineer Magazine