Join OEdigital on Facebook Join OEdigital on LinkedIn Join OEdigital on Twitter
 

Wellesley to drill Goanna with Deepsea Bergen

Written by  OE Press Friday, 18 August 2017 08:13

The Norwegian Petroleum Directorate (NPD) has granted Wellesley Petroleum a drilling permit for well 33/9-22 S, targeting the Goanna prospect in the North Sea.

PL 881. Map from NPD.

Well 33/9-22 S will be drilled from the Deepsea Bergen drilling facility, in production license 881, marking the first wildcat in the license. 

The drilling program for well 33/9-22 S relates to the drilling of a wildcat well in PL 881.

The area in PL 881 consists of parts of block 33/9. The well will be drilled about 1km north of the Statfjord field in the North Sea.

PL 881 was awarded in APA 2016. This is the first exploration well in this production license.

The permit is contingent upon the operator securing all other permits and consents required by other authorities before the drilling activity commences.

Wellesley Petroleum is the operator with an ownership interest of 70%. The other licensee is Faroe Petroleum Norge (30%).

Read 2198 times