Join OEdigital on Facebook Join OEdigital on LinkedIn Join OEdigital on Twitter
 

Aker BP, Faroe approve Tambar redevelopment

Written by  OE Staff Thursday, 30 March 2017 12:23

Aker BP has approved the redevelopment of Tambar in the southern North Sea that is expected to extend the production period by some 10 years.

Image of Ula, from Aker BP.

The plan consists of two additional wells and gas lift, and is anticipated to be extended from about 2018 to 2028 with a potential upside.

Around US$244 million (DKK$1.7 billion) will be invested targeting gross reserves of 27 MMboe, with Aker BP’s share being 15 MMboe. The expectation is that this will add 4-6000 b/d over several years.

"It was 4D seismic in 2014 that made us safer on the resources of the field’s northern area and thus laid the foundation for two wells from originally,” says Evy Thorbjørnsen, Ula asset integration manager who will lead Tambar project

The jackup drilling rig Maersk Interceptor will drill the two wells starting in Q4 this year. Drilling will also test the oil-water contact in the northern part of the Tambar field which will contribute to increased understanding of Tambar reservoir.

“The Tambar development is a robust project which has a breakeven under $20/bbl. The two-infill wells will use the two remaining drill slots on Tambar platform and we are reusing UGIP- pipeline for gas lift from Ula,” said Thorbjørnsen. “In addition to the two wells, the project includes modifications on both Tambar platform and Ula’s production platform. The changes include piping and equipment for measurement and transport of lift gas, upgrading of support systems on Tambar, scope of work for the rig intake, connection of flowlines for the new wells and installation of a conductor guide structure under the platform. The UGIP pipeline will be modified to terminate at the Tambar platform. During the implementation, construction personnel will stay on the drilling rig used to drill the infill wells on the Tambar field.”

The project team consists of personnel from various functions and disciplines within the organization, and requires close and integration of the various activities. The project has a tight schedule and production from the new wells is scheduled to start in 1H 2018, depending on when the rig arrives on the field.

The satellite field Tambar and Tambar East is about 16km southeast of the Ula field, in Block 7/12. They are developed with a wellhead platform without processing facilities remotely controlled from Ula.

Aker BP is the operator of Block 7/12 with 80% interest. Partner Faroe Petroleum holds the remaining 20%.

Read 7339 times