Join OEdigital on Facebook Join OEdigital on LinkedIn Join OEdigital on Twitter
 

Wintershall online at Ravn

Written by  Wednesday, 19 April 2017 09:04

Wintershall has started production from its first-ever operated Danish oil field, the Ravn field in the North Sea.

The Ravn platfrom. Image from Wintershall.

Ravn is in Block 5/06 in the Danish North Sea, about 300km north of Den Helder.

The field produces oil from a depth of approximately 4000m via a newly constructed production platform. The produced crude oil is transported via a subsea pipeline to Wintershall Noordzee’s A6-A processing platform located some 18km from the Ravn platform, where it is fed into the existing export network to the Netherlands.

Wintershall Noordzee is developing the Ravn field in a phased manner using an “appraisal through development” concept. This concept will enable the company to continuously gather valuable performance data on well productivity and the lateral extent of the reservoir. Analysis of this data will provide the basis for and contribute to further field development options.

"Ravn paves the way for potential further oil and gas developments in this region,” says Robert Frimpong, managing director of Wintershall Noordzee B.V.

Wintershall Noordzee owns a 63.64% share in the Ravn field. The Danish state-owned oil and gas company Nordsøfonden holds the remaining 36.36% as licensing partner.

Wintershall Noordzee B.V., which is based in Rijswijk, the Netherlands, was established in 1965 and is a joint venture between Wintershall Holding GmbH (50%) and Gazprom International (50%).

Read more:

Wintershall contracts DNV GL for Ravn and A6-A

Read 2420 times